![]() |
| i won a medal? good grief charlie brown |
(hi, doctor nick!)
Welcome to week 16. Let's talk.
On Saturday I ran my first 5k (the one I've mentioned a few times here) and did surprisingly well! I ran it in 31:59, though I was hoping for a sub-30 but well you know how it is. I ran a lot faster per mile than I usually do, actually -- moving from a normal 11 minute mile to an average 9:59 minute mile.
Hopefully starting this week I'll be able to cut my time down. I'm planning on signing up for a couple of 5ks in May and June, and beyond. So my PR is literally just under a 32 minute 5k. I think I'm not going to work on increasing my distances (like training for a 10k or a 5 miler, for instance) but working on speed. For now. For now. Anyway, I had a great time this past weekend.
My monthly Thing To Do is to run 2 miles on 10 days. So far, doing really, really well. I had a set back last week, and I'm going to take it easy for the next two days, but I'm still on track to knock this one out of the park.
Last week I started three new FITNESS INITIATIVES, getting me on track to do an insane amount of push-ups, sit-ups and squats. I finished week 1 but... it kicked my butt. I'm going to re-do it this week. Each of the programs are a six week thing, but man. Whew. It's. Difficult. But. I'm excited about doing this. Boom.
So, for next week... I get 2 hours of gaming per day :( I have cut my amount of gaming time anyhow, but mang dis stanks. It'll give me more time to read the six books I checked out from the library because I'm dumb at putting holds on books and guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I've had worse problems
Peace guys
edit: we passed 500 page views on the blog good job everyone huzzah huzzah for everyone

No comments:
Post a Comment