Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week 14

Who kept putting this blog off and has two thumbs?

So for this month, I have to run (at least) 2 miles on ten different days. I'm doing really well so far, though I am taking a couple of days off because of my shins. I really need to be doing more stretching before and after, and being more consistent and intelligent with my icing. I'm gonna take it easy (I have a little breathing room in my schedule) but then really get back into it. I still feel very confident I can do it this month. Being exercisey and moderately healthy takes work, man.

Last week (and into this week) I had a $.25 swear jar week! I had one of those about a month and a half ago (I think) and I did abysmally. This week? $5.50! An improvement from last time, but still a bit higher than I'd like. It's difficult to track yourself like this, and harder to be like "tsk!" On the other hand, I don't want to be a square, daddy-o. At the end of the year I'll pool everything together and donate it to a charity (TBD) (Thanks for the idea, Katie!). Which one I'm not sure yet; probably Habitat for Humanity or Friends Against Hunger. Any other suggestions, my groovy friends? Hopefully I get a slightly disappointed look because of how little I'm donating, which is a weird thing to want. A really weird thing.

OH HEY I MENTIONED I was going to take a picture and talk about it of that other recipe I talked about and made last week for that weekly Thing To Do! Here it is! Kale Chips! UNCOMFORTABLY EASY TO MAKE AND REALLY NOT THE WORST THING THAT IS GREEN I'VE EVER EATEN

sweet greenz
it looks better in person i swear
Steps

  1. Buy a bunch of Kale. Like... a bunching. Of Kale.
  2. Have olive oil or just pam and salt or other seasons on hand
  3. Also have an oven
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  5. Put on some sweet jamss
  6. Rinse Kale, then pat dry (or dry enough, it's not a race)
  7. Line cookie sheet with wax paper, then place Kale leaves on it, no overlap
  8. Brush or spray oil (lightly, it's not the beach), then sprinkle seasonings on
  9. Bake that for 10-12 minutes
  10. Eat that, son
  11. If you bag it up (like I did) and it gets non-crunchy the next day, just throw in oven for a couple of mins at 350 again


This week, we have a reprise of last month! I have to read two books this week, by new authors, not part of a series. That means I'm gonna put down a book for a week and pick up two others. Thankfully, my crop of six new books from the library has a couple of new authors for me. I'll post em up next week with a short review

Peace bros

No comments:

Post a Comment