You may have noticed there was no post last week. Probably not. I ask only that you consider it my 13th story floor of Wayside School. It does exist, but is only accessible if you walk the wrong way down the stairs.
This month is a no sugah month for me, and I gotta say, I'm doing really poorly. I did actually pick up some splenda tea (even though i was like, it's not about not having sugah it's more about not consuming sugahry things) and that's been tiding me over. But then I totally broke today. It was bad. Frig. This is surprisingly harder than I thought it would be, probably because I'm still so trained to be like "oh boy sugar." Then a few minutes later I go "oh wait, jones soda has sugar in it, doesn't it."
Two weeks ago, I had the task of running three miles in a week. Not too hard? Yeah sorta, unless it snows every day that week so you have to push it back. But I did come up with some inspiration a couple of days ago and I'm excited to announce I'm planning on registering for a 5k in April! For anyone curious, 5 kilometers is ~3 miles. I'm currently running 1.5 miles with an eighth of a mile speed walking half way through. Today was so beautiful, I got out and had a great time -- no breathing problems I was encountering when it was cold, and I just wanted to keep going (my feet lead me back to the house and told me to stop). All in all, a good reminder of January. To run the 5k, I am planning on running at least 3 miles (and pushing up to 6-12) a week for the foreseeable future. I'm pushing for a 30 minute 5k for my first one. I'll try to keep you posted.
Last week (week 9, for those keeping score [none of you are keeping score]) and I guess technically still this week, I pulled the craptastic "Bedtime at 11, Wake up at 8." When I wrote this one, I was going to bed at 2 am and waking up fifteen minutes before work, so it was a little more relevant to the times. I did cheat a few nights by going to bed, but reading because I heard that books are good for you. I didn't stay up nearly that late, though (Xenocide by Orson Scott Card tends to... drag at times).
This week? I'm not allowed to drive for five of the seven days (including tomorrow). This works out pretty well, as I'm starting to rely on my feet more than my car for getting around. I'm okay and this shouldn't be that bad (plus there's not much rain or crappy conditions for this week).
I'm putting together a running playlist. This is weird. I feel like I'm becoming one of those people. But maybe that's not the worst kind of person I could be.
Peace
Don't read Xenocide. LISTEN to it.
ReplyDeleteScott (that's what his friends call him - draw your own conclusions) says himself that the audio books of his series are the purest form of the art - and they have GOOD voice actors for those books. AND while you listen your can clean your house and curl your hair and play with your baby... cats - play with your cats! Well anyway - Spfd Library has all the audio books, so return those old paper things and get the CDS!!!
[I'm totally keeping score, and still waiting to hear you say how much you are enjoying reading Wild Swann. Though your entry into the Ender-verse is helping you keep in the black.]