Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 4

Hello sailors! Welcome aboard. Let's dive right into this so we can get any more themed phrases out of the way.

Last week I was limited to 2 hours of personal video games per day. I'm pleased that I was able to meet that, though it just meant I spent a little more time clicking around on the internet instead of readin books or doing other stuff. Woops. So I'll need to work harder for the next one (a phrase that is getting old quick).

My Monthly goal is coming to an end! I have to run 10 miles this month, which isn't a big deal to a surprisingly large amount of people I know (like, I'm a little embarrassed by how little I run and how much I complain about it), and I'm at seven and a half miles. I'm planning on running a half mile today, a full mile tomorrow and the final mile on Wednesday. As the first of February isn't on a Sunday, I'll be making a blog post on Thursday or Friday, whichever I get to first, and drawing my Monthly Thing To Do for February. Fingers crossed!

This week I pulled an exciting "Learn and cook 2 recipes this week" thing! I'm actually a little excited about these ones, and may add a few more meals if I have some cool ones. Ideally, these are all gonna be From Scratch as much as possible -- making a new rice-a-roni (the San Francisco Treat) probably wouldn't fly with the powers that be. I do plan on taking pictures and posting the recipes here, so stay tuned.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any suggestions for weird or unique or... just... good dishes.

I mentioned last week that I entered a food competition for the first time. I can smell the chili right now. It's wafting through the house. I'm excited and nervous. I'll probably post about that on the Monthly Thing To Do.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. I have a fairly simple recipe for tortellini with garlic sage butter sauce. It might be a good one to start out with - only seven ingredients! I also have a cookbook of Chinese dumplings that I really want to start working my way through this semester.

    ReplyDelete