Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Last week went... well. Let's cover the Monthly Thing To Do, Weekly, then we'll get to Week 2!
For my Monthly Thing To Do, I have to run a total of 10 miles this month. For some (read: a lot of) people, this is a trivial task. I am, unfortunately, not some people, so this was and is proving to be a pain. The timing couldn't be worse, too; if you hadn't noticed, it's friggin' cold. In total for the month, I've run a total of 1.5 miles. I have 18 days remaining, which means I really need to kick it into gear. I was introduced to a really neat trail out Grant on the far north side of town, but I really need to get into running around the neighborhood at least. I'll keep everyone posted. I really need to knock this one out.
My Weekly Thing To Do for Week 1 was having a $.25 swear jar. I ran into a major problem: I don't really keep quarters on hand. Because of this, I really didn't feel much 'pain.' I did keep track (and though it extends through today because of last week) however, but it certainly didn't suck as much as if I'd had that feeling of losing physical money. My total for the week? An embarrassing $17.25. Ugh. It shows that I really, really need to work on keeping my tongue. It's a bit of a wake-up call when you see it as an amount of money. Also that I get a little crazy playing competitive games, like League of Legends. For future Swear Jar Weeks (I have two more Weeklys and then a Monthly), I'm going to grab a roll of quarters and use as few as possible.
The question now is... what should I use this money on? I've had a few suggestions given, but haven't had anything that makes me go "yes, that is what i want to do." I suggested cat litter and trash bills, but met some resistance. The main rule is that I don't enjoy spending it -- perhaps I buy a pigeon? I'd like your input, readers. Oh yeah, that's right, this is an interactive blog. Sorry dogg.
On to Week 2! I drew it earlier this morning (I fell asleep last night, woops), and was pleasantly surprised by "Try 5 new things this week." When I was making this thing, I decided to include a couple of these. I have a somewhat limited food- and experience-view, so having to try out new things will be good. I just have to not cheese it (oh hurr durr, i've never crushed a soda can on my head before) and pick good ones. I do plan on blogging about these next week, hopefully with pictures. If you have any suggestions for what I should do, feel free to post here or on the inevitable facebook dot com link. I'm open to mostly anything, but trying exotic or weird fruits or foods would be awesome. If you have an experience you've tried and enjoyed (getting a henna tattoo, or making a paracord emergency bracelet) let me know. Obviously, too, I don't have to experience just 5 new things; I can stretch it out and try as many new things as I want. You aren't the boss of me now.
Thanks for reading, dudes and dudettes.
Peace
Pray for a stranger to be healed in the Name of Jesus.
ReplyDeleteBrew your own beer.
ReplyDeleteGive the money to charity, maybe? Or a really nice tip at a restaurant?
ReplyDeleteI actually totally dig this idea. I hadn't thought about charity. Thanks!
ReplyDelete