Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 3


Before I begin, please take a second to listen and watch the above video, because I can't stop.

Now that that's playing (or re-playing), let us dig deep into how I've been doing. Part of me is like... 3 weeks  already? It's gonna be weird at week 27. It seems like each week has flown by -- or maybe I'm just not paying attention.

So! On the Monthly front, I managed to run 2 miles this week, with another mile after I finish this post. Having warmer weather makes it easier for me to get out there -- Before I started this, I half expected this running month to be, like, July or September. Some month where running is awesome and not as sucky. I wanted a cool month. As the month is drawing to a close, I really need to buckle down. I have 4 and 1/2 miles completed out of 10 miles total.

My weekly Thing To Do was Try 5 New Things This Week. I had a slow start and didn't do as many awesome things as I wanted (or as I expected -- no bungee jumping this week, I guess). I need to do more planning for the next one of these that pops up. With that said, here are the 5 New Things I tried this week!

  1. I tried lamb (specifically, lamb curry). It was a little chewy, but was like a slightly funkier pot roast. I was recommended to try roast lamb next time, skipping the curry.
  2. My brother and sister-in-law invited us over for bourbon-glaze pork with apple and sweet potato chunks. It's kinda cheating, but it was delicious and I've never had that meal, be quiet haters
  3. I tried STAR FRUIT. If you've never had star fruit, you pay $2.00 for an apple that's grown into the shape of a fat star. Wee!
  4. I tried a spicy whiskey. Like, tabasco-added whiskey. It was... not for me. Or humans.
  5. I entered A COOKING COMPETITION, KINDA. I'm entering a chili in the church CRAZY CHURCH CHILI COOK-OFF (which is totally what it should be named [on another note, sorry for the random capitalized words. I'm reverting to Dinosaur Comics speech.]) and I'm a little excited. And nervous. I've made this chili a few times before, but I made a test batch yesterday to try out a couple of new ingredients and it came out really well. Obvs its not a big cash prize kind of cooking competition, and it's not serious business, but still. I'm pumped. (edit for sweet clarity: I entered the cook-off today, but it wasn't today. It's next week. I just wrote my name on paper and said "yeah what up then mate i'm on for it")
So, that's what I did. As previously mentioned, haters gonna hate. Hopefully I'll stop slacking and do some really wacky crap next time. And that brings us to this week! As I mentioned in an earlier facebook dot com post, it sucks.

This week's Thing To Do is restricting myself to 2 hours of (personal) gaming each day this week. A few notes on this one. As my job deals with games, anything done at work is done there. This counts against games I play at home. And, let's be real, 2 hours of gaming, that's a lot for most people. Buuuuuuuut not so much for myself. Gaming is kinda what I do with my free time, so this is gonna suck. I'll be timing myself whenever I start a gaming session and making sure I don't go over. If I do, I have to deduct any overage from the next day. Hopefully this will encourage me to read a few more books, try some other stuff, and, well, get running already. Blurgh. I'll let you know how this one goes.

As always, thanks for reading. Or for not reading, I don't know your life. 

Peace

1 comment:

  1. "As always, thanks for reading. Or for not reading, I don't know your life." hahaha I love this!

    Anyway, I decided to actually watch the video since the things you post are always... fascinating, if nothing else. That may be one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

    I think your "five new things" list is a little questionable... maybe less food next time? But then again, I didn't exactly offer any suggestions. Good luck with the gaming (or lack thereof)!

    ReplyDelete