LAST MONTH I HAD TO RUN 10 MILES IN 1 MONTH. Chump change for a surprisingly large amount of people, sure? Also it was friggin cold and I live near more dogs than I thought I did. When making up my Monthly Things to Do, I kinda hoped this one would show up in, like... spring? or fall? Or some nice time? Also I wouldn't have to run any time soon.
I completed the January Thing. Boom. It took me running a mile and some change on the 31st, but I did it. And I think I will continue running (albeit more when it's nicer) and trying to get my mile time down and the amount of distance run up. For a couple of years I've wanted to do the Warrior Dash (or Tough Mudder, or Spartan Race, or blahh blahh) but I've been very unrunny. I think I might try to do one. They're 5k races with obstacles. Yes? Yes. We'll see.
I said I would update people on how the chili cook-off went (two weeks ago, I entered a food competition for the first time ever) and this is that update. I took fourth place (or runner up, but shh it was fourth place) out of 13 (14?) entries! BOOM! So that feels good.
I actually pulled out Febrururarury's Monthly Thing To Do a couple of days ago, but got swamped with laziness. Oh man, I'm actually pretty excited about this one (whereas I was terrified of last months)! This month, I simply have to read 10 books! I will say, honestly, this one may actually be a little difficult. The reason I threw this one in the original mix is because I've stopped reading as much as I would like, or maybe as much as I think I should. I do have some self imposed limitations so I can't cheese it too badly.
Februarinomicon Rules
- Books must be at least 250 pages in length
- Books must be new to me, and not part of a series I've started
- Books must not suck
- If a book starts to suck, I can grab a new one and start over with it
- No Twilight (this is for people who give suggestions)
So that's not too rough. I'm hoping to get in a good mix of religious study, fiction and non-fiction, and some other kind of book, I dunno. I'd like to get in some Lovecraft, as I've never fully read the Cthulhu mythos (probably burn through The Call of Cthulhu as a precursor to At the Mountains of Madness), and maybe try out that Game of Thorns series. They made it into a show on the television, so it can't be half bad. If you have any suggestions, lay it on me daddy-o.
This also means I have to go renew my library card, which means I have to pay a fine from teenagehood, which means I have to go in, start filling out a form, and then get a disappointed cluck from the librarian, which means I have to look all sad and give her money. UGH MY LIFE
Peace. I'll make another post tomorrow about this week's Thing (cook 2 new recipes).
No comments:
Post a Comment