Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Month 5

Ugh I can't stop watching Kitchen Nightmares, you guys. Gordon. Ramsay. So. Beast. Good grief. Man. So. Good. So yeah, that's what I'm doing right now while this is going on, watching Kitchen Nightmares. He's rocking a Japanese restaurant and the owner is weaksauce.

A BRIEF RECAP OF WHAT'S GOING ON FOR NEW VIEWERS
Hey everyone who may be reading this for the first time. Each week and month this year I'm pulling small slips of paper out of a bowl and doing what it says, whether that's not drinking soda for a week or running 20 miles in a month. I have some duplicates in the weekly bowl and some that are worse than others (eat a salad x days in a week or limit my game time per day), but each is a good challenge for me. Some Monthly Things to Do are expanded Weekly ones (no soda week, no soda month) though I have a couple of very... interesting ones.

So this weekend I have another 5k (my second so far). I'll post some deets on that on Sunday with the regular weekly update. I'm pumped, and I'm trying a few new things for this race than my first 5k a couple of weeks ago -- I'm going to check out the course beforehand in person rather than just viewing it on Google Mapz, for one. Also this one kicks off at 8 am, where the first one started at 10:30, so I'm going to have to get up earlier and watch my breakfast. Ugh. I'm hoping to beat my personal 5k record of literally-a-second-under-32-minutes.

This week's Thing To Do is rly no soda seriously and last night I totally just unconsciously grabbed a root bear, popped it open, and went... aw man. I handed it off with a sigh.

For this month, I've got a 7 AM Wake-Up Call. It was originally an 8 AM Wake-Up Call but I usually get up at 8:30 anyway and that's not good enough. This will also encourage me to get into morning runs and back into tastalicious breakfasts. I'm hoping to keep this up after May, too. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know how it goes.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment